John Starling — Smith Growth Partners
John Starling Biography
John Starling is an idea machine. As founding partner of Smith Growth Partners, he works with clients to help them identify and articulate their strategy, and to implement the changes they need in order to bring their growth goals to fruition. Prior to co-founding Smith in 1998, he served as vice president of marketing and Internet business for a major player in the asset-backed securities market. He is a lifelong martial artist who holds a Black Belt in Muay Thai (Thai boxing). The founder of a free MMA (Mentoring and Martial Arts) school for low income children, and author of “Black Belt Growth Strategy: Growth Strategy Kata for Growing Companies” In 2011 John founded Content Clothing, a socially conscious anti-brand that supports childhood literacy programs globally. In 2012 John founded The Business Exit Forum, a non-profit educational institution that provides mid-market business owners, CEOs and their executive management teams with access to the best minds in the growth and exit planning business. We help these executives and owners grow, transact and transition their businesses in such a way that brings their ultimate vision of success to fruition.
Areas of expertise:
• Ideation and facilitation
• Growth strategy planning
• Executive coaching
• Marketing and marketing communications
• Business development strategies
John is committed to and active in the community. He serves or has served on:
• Founder, MMA (Mentoring and Martial Arts)
• Board of Directors for the Hoffberger Center for Professional Ethics
• Board of Governors for the University of Baltimore Alumni Association
• Selection Committee of the Baltimore Incentive Awards Program
• Advisor to the University of Baltimore School of Communications and Design
• Advisor to the Partnership for Learning
• Advisor to Healthcare for the Homeless
Over the last 2 decades John has advised over 350 companies and trained some of the nations greatest from middle market to fortune 50. John is also a regular feature contributor to SmartCEO.
John is available for public speaking engagements, presentations, workshops, and corporate training events in the following roles:
• Featured presenter
• Corporate trainer
• Personal development/motivational speaker
To book John, or for additional information, please contact Anissa Cadar at (410) 963-5252, or via email at email@example.com.
Click here to download the PDF Version